Emulators

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emulators

Post by Envy661 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:52 am

I was just introduced to this world myself, so I was wondering if anyone uses them.

In the regards that I am speaking of is Gaming emulators, btw.

I have currently tried ZSNESW (Super Nintendo Emulator), Visual Boy Advance (GBA Emulator), and have had a failed attempt getting ePSXe (Playstation Emulator) to work.

It is a wonderful world, I must say. I have Metroid II for The Gameboy Emulator, and Metroid III for the SNES Emulator, as well as a few classic Pokemon and Mario games mixed in there.

I have to say, they are very fun to mess around with, and I really recommend them, however I don't know if they qualify as legal (even though they have been around for nearly a decade and haven't been shut down) but just follows all the share-ware rules instead (Sorry if that is the wrong word there).

Either way, I am currently messing around with Pokemon Silver, which was my favorite Pokemon game of all time. The emulator ROM works just like the cartridge game for the GBC with no problems thus-far. I think the only one I have had some questions about is the Metroid II one.

I got most all of this from the site below:
http://www.coolrom.com/

The games and console emulators aren't tied together. You have to download specifically which games you want, which I find great, because you can avoid wasting space with games you will never play like that (not that these games take up much room anyway :p)

Registration date : 2009-02-03
Glomps : 18
Motto : Don't beg for things
Number of posts : 290

View user profile http://envy661.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Emulators

Post by Lief on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:14 am

Technically, unless you own the game you're using the emulator to play, it is considered illegal. Though some companies have no problem with it, (The older games, anyways, not the newer ones.) other ones do.

I'm not too interested in emulators, honestly. Maybe I'll try one someday, but probably not any day soon.

Registration date : 2011-03-14
Glomps : 0
Motto : Who the hell has mottos nowadays?
Number of posts : 70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy661 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:23 am

Lief wrote:Technically, unless you own the game you're using the emulator to play, it is considered illegal. Though some companies have no problem with it, (The older games, anyways, not the newer ones.) other ones do.

I'm not too interested in emulators, honestly. Maybe I'll try one someday, but probably not any day soon.

The reason I tried it out was because I could never find a working copy of Super Mario World or Super Metroid, and those were the two games I wanted more than anything. With the emulator, while the PC controls are a little harder to use, I can play them, and that was all I really wanted.
Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Blue were just bonuses. It is difficult to find those as well anyway (pokemon Blue anyway)

Registration date : 2009-02-03
Glomps : 18
Motto : Don't beg for things
Number of posts : 290

View user profile http://envy661.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygron on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:19 pm

I still have my pokemon blue Hilarious and silver. Actually my yellow, red, and gold too.
I like emulators, but I don't play them often. I use my xbox controller for a pad. Works nicely.
Tygron
New Fur

Registration date : 2011-03-13
Glomps : 2
Number of posts : 39

View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tygron117

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top